3 Dec 2012
Below is a tutorial on Making American Civil War Blockhouse (ACW). A very good friend of mine from the Grimsby Wargames Society built an American Civil War (ACW) blockhouse for his 15mm figures and so inspired me I just had to build one for my own 10mm figures.
Making ACW Blockhouse
1. The first step is to cut your bases to the desired size either using MDF or hardboard in my case I used hardboard and cut it to 6 inch wide by 6 inch long once you have cut your bases to the desired size you then want to proceed to rasp the edges to give it a smoother appearance.
2. The next phase is the glue the tiles spaces on to the hardboard using a glue gun at edges of the base.
3. The next step is to texture your base. I have done tutorial on basing.
4. Then using foam board I cut the basic shape for the blockhouse which consisted of two basic squares the first being 2 1/2 inches long and the height was 1 inch the second square was 2 inches long and 1 inch high I then glued and pinned the two squares together.
5. Once the foam board had dried I then cut up the reed window blind to fit around the top square of the blockhouse which was glued in place with PVA
6. On the lower square I cut strips of cardboard to imitate wood planking and also made a small cardboard door
7. The reed window blind was cut to appropriate lengths to be glued to the tile spaces to make fencing.
8. The main building and the fences were painted in Humbrol No. 67 Tank Grey and dry brushed with Humbrol No. 160 German Camouflage Red Brown.
Polycell Textured Ceilings Course Effect
Ronseal Diamond Hard Varnish, matt clear
Noch Summer Meadow Grass
Reed Window Blind
Humbrol No. 110 Natural Wood
Humbrol No. 103 Cream
Humbrol No. 67 Tank Grey
Humbrol No. 160 German Camouflage Red Brown
York wargames show is an annual pilgrimage for us from the Grimsby Wargames Society its the first show of the year so it kinda gets the warg...
This website was no longer available on the Internet and as it's one of my favourite programs for making maps I decided to resurrec...
I bought Kriegspiel off eBay with the intention of using it for my wargaming campaigns, I chose Kriegspiel as I could use it with all m...
Here is my guide for painting Gauls, Gallic & Celtic Warbands during Caesar's Gallic War uniforms using Vallejo acrylic colors....