Welcome to my world of 10mm Wargaming I am intending to use these pages to document my ongoing wargaming projects, and the various rules i use. I hope, you may find them interesting. And even possibly learn something from them, even if its only, how not to do things
Making cornfields is an easy guide to follow on how to make cornfields for 10mm wargaming terrain has been a long time in the planning. However when I finally started the project making cornfields proved very easy indeed. Anyway here's my guide for making your own fields for 10mm wargaming.
1. The first step is to cut your bases to the desired size either using MDF or hardboard in my case I used hardboard and cut it to 6 inch by 6 inch once you have cut your bases to the desired size you then want to proceed to rasp the edges to give it a smoother appearance.
2. The next phase is to mark out where you want to place the carpet, or doormat.
3. The next step is to texture your base. I have done tutorial on basing.
4. The next step is to cut your carpet or doormat to the desired shape then glue it is to cut your carpet or doormat to the desired shape then glue it to the base using PVA.
5. The next step is to lightly dry brush with yellow until you get the desired effect.
I bought Kriegspiel off eBay with the intention of using it for my wargaming campaigns, I chose Kriegspiel as I could use it with all my wargaming periods. I was wondering if anybody else has used this for their wargaming campaigns and could maybe offer some tips. "Kriegspiel is a full-scale wargame between two nations." In the advanced book it says "Of all the games in the Avalon Hill line this game is best suited for introducing novices to the growing science of game strategy." A basic traditional hex and counter turn based wargame, units having combat and movement factors. Combat results are done by computing odds (1-1, 1-2, 3-1, etc) and using a CRT by cross-referencing one of 4 defending strategies and 3 attacking strategies (no dice). Victory is by reducing the opponent to 20 combat factors or occupying all of the opposing cities. Advanced game adds reinforcements, weather, air power, supply, etc. This article was originally published in issue 15