The Southwestern Front was a front of the Red Army during the Second World War, it was formed 3 times.
It was first created on June 22, 1941 from the Kiev Special Military District. The western boundary of the front in June 1941 was 865 km long, from the Pripyat River and the town of Wlodawa to the Prut River and the town of Lipkany at the border with Romania.
Active 1941 to
Colonel General Mikhail P. Kirponos, June 1941 to September 1941
|Mikhail P. Kirponos|
Marshal Semyon K. Timoshenko, September 1941 to December 1941
|Semyon K. Timoshenko|
Lieutenant General Fyodor Kostenko, December 1941 to April 1942
Lieutenant General Nikolai F. Vatutin, October 1942 to March 1943
|Nikolai F. Vatutin|
Colonel General Rodion Ia. Malinovsky, March 1943 to October 1943
|Rodion Ia. Malinovsky|
Southwestern Front, Photos
Southwestern Front, Doc